SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of using techniques or strategies to increase the number of traffic to a website by ensuring that the site is included on the list of high ranking results returned by a search engine.
There are certain advantages in using SEO checkers for your site as it can help improve its overall appeal and performance. Useful services commonly provided by SEOs include:
- A thorough assessment of your site’s content and structure.
- Developing a site’s content.
- Technical advice concerning website development.
- Keyword research
- SEO training
Commercial search engines drive the majority of web traffic to a website. For that reason, it is important that search engines can find your site and add your content to their database. The right SEO can help drive visitors to your page as well as boost your site’s ranking so that your content can be listed high enough for searchers to easily find it in their search query.
While SEOs provide valuable services that can greatly improve your site, there are some who practice unethical strategies that attempt to manipulate search engine results. Unethical SEO practices include creating shadow domains, users are directed to a site by using false redirects, and doorway pages where some pages on a site are loaded with keywords and some hidden links directing it to the SEOs other clients which may include sites with illegal content.
For major search engines like Google, the use of illicit SEO practices may have a negative result on your site’s appearance or the removal of your site from their index. So it’s a must that you thoroughly research an SEO agency, if you are hiring one, or better yet, learn how to do some basic SEOs yourself.
Here’s a list of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) checkers you may want to consider checking out:
The On-Page Optimization Analysis Free SEO Tool
According to its official site, this web page optimization tool functions by analyzing existing on-page SEO and letting you see your site’s data as a crawler sees it.
- Metadata tool – displays text in title tags and meta elements.
- Keyword density tool – discloses SEO keyword statistics for linked and unlinked content.
- Keyword optimization tool – displays the number of words used in the content, including anchor text of internal and external links.
- Link accounting tool – number and types of link used are displayed
- Header check tool – displays HTTP Status Response codes for links
- Source Code Tool – for quick access to on-page HTML source code
Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools provide insight for webmasters to use and address potential SEO issues and functions as a primary mechanism for Bing to convey the issues to web owners.
- Sites Overview – this provides an overall view of your website/s’ performance in Bing powered search results.
- Crawl Stats – this shows you the number of pages Bing spiders has crawled into your site and also errors it encountered. Sitemaps can also be submitted to help Bing discover and prioritize your content.
- Index – this section allows you to explore how your content is organized by Bing, submit and remove URLs from search results, explore backlinks and adjust parameter settings.
- Traffic – this summarizes impressions and click-through data by combining search results from Yahoo! And Bing. It also shows the average position as well as cost estimates if you buy ads targeting each keyword.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console, previously known as Google Webmaster Tools, is a set of tools and resources created by Google to help webmasters monitor their site’s performance in the Google search index with no charge.
- Geographic target – for websites aiming to attract users from a specific location, this feature allows webmasters to input information for Google to determine how the site will appear in the country-specific search result.
- URL Parameters – allows webmasters to direct Google about the parameters of the website to help Google crawl the website efficiently.
- Malware – with this feature, Google will inform you of any malware present in your website which can affect user experience and your ranking as well.
- Crawl Errors – Google will inform you of significant errors it has encountered while crawling your site.
- HTML Suggestions – looks for problems concerning HTML elements such as issues with title tags and meta descriptions.
Moz Open Site Explorer
Provide webmasters significant insights concerning their website and links.
- Find strongest linking websites – shows you the most prominent domains linking to your website.
- Identify strong links – all inbound links are sorted out by their metrics to help you see which links are important.
- Link Anchor Text Distribution is analyzed – displays the distribution of texts people used when linking to you.
- Head to Head Comparison View – allows you to compare two websites to see why one is outranking the other.
- Social Share Metrics – measure shares from Facebook, likes, tweets and +1’s for any URL.