Link building is the process of getting hyperlinks from other websites to yours. Links are used by search engine crawlers to look for new web pages and to help decide if your page is of good quality to rank well for relevant keywords in search results.
Additionally, crawlers also check the number of external links pointing to your site. If these inbound links are also of high-quality, a high chance of ranking well in search results is possible. Thus, the importance of building high-quality links is essential if you want to compete and thrive in the ever changing world of SEO.
This is where link builders can be of great help to you. Skilled link builders understand the need to work on strategies to build strong backlinks from high ranking sites because of its importance. They know that the higher the number of quality backlinks a site has, the higher the chances of it to rank well in search results which can drive more traffic to a site.
A good link builder knows which practices to use to increase your site’s visibility. That way, link building can also be your content’s promotion.
Link Building Strategies
Link builders employ a variety of ways to get your site visible to people as much as they can. These strategies can be categorized as organic link building and artificial link building.
- Organic Link Building. This type of link building makes use of practices that doesn’t deal with automated systems or strategies that are against Google’s guidelines. These methods include, but are not limited to:
- Creating quality content. Quality content is still the best way to get people to visit a site and to naturally link to it. This means that whatever your niche is, it is important that your content is informative, interesting and reliable for people to like it and share it with others.
- Writing about trending news. People are always looking for the latest in everything. Writing about the latest will surely catch people’s attention and site owners with the same niche would probably link to yours, especially if you are one of the few who wrote about it first.
- Social bookmarking. Although social bookmarking sites are nofollow sites, you can still include this in your link building because it can give you traffic if your bookmarked content becomes popular.
- Artificial Link Building. Unlike organic link building, artificial link building exploits the use of automated link building, thus becoming an illicit practice frowned upon by Google. These methods include, but are not limited to:
- Buying Links. Generally, buying links go against Google’s webmaster guidelines. However, buying links can be advantageous because it gives you one-way link juice, although this method can be very expensive especially if it comes from high PR sites.
- Blog Commenting. Comments that are sincere and honest are always welcomed by bloggers, however, writing spammy ones just to get your link out there can be irritating to web owners.
Benefits of Link Building
- Reaching out to other sites with the same or relevant niche as yours will help build strong relationships. It can help your website acquire quality back links. Additionally, if your content is worth reading and linking to, key influencers in your industry may eventually regard you as reliable thus creating a relationship. This relationship will be beneficial to your site as it will mean that you are trusted.
- Referral traffic. According to Google, referral traffic visits that came to your site from sources outside of its search engine. If your link gets to a highly-visited website, a higher chance of getting more traffic to your site is possible.
- Brand Visibility. Link building can also help your brand to get recognized by readers. One example is through guest posting, which is mutually beneficial to both parties as you are offering to write fresh content for their site while you get free advertising of your brand from their site. With more exposure, your site gets more recognition as well as a higher chance of eventually earning direct traffic in the future.
- Acquiring Influencers from other Industries. Because guest posting for popular sites can get your website noticed over time, especially if your site has really good content, influencers from other industries will probably notice you as well and might offer to become guest posters for your site which means free advertising, free content and additional traffic added to your growing number of visitors.
- If your website gets published in prominent sites or publication, you can brag about it, as this means that your brand is reliable and can be trusted. People will always go on sites that are reliable, by making your site linked with well-known ones, your credibility is proven and strengthened.
- Lasting investment. Link building earned and done the right way can be seen as a lasting investment. Unlike paid links which gives you temporary visibility only when you pay, links earned through hard work and great content will remain active as long as the site linking to yours remains active.